Scholarships in Australia at Deakin University Postgraduate Research. International students are invited to apply for Deakin University Postgraduate Research. The school is offering two types of scholarships: the RTP scholarships (previously APA) are funded by the Australian Federal Government, while the DUPR opportunities are funded by Deakin University.
The University was established in 1974. History has it that the name was derived after the leader of the Australian federation movement and the nation’s second Prime Minister, Alfred Deakin.
The studentships are available for pursuing PhD programme and are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university. There are other benefits that follows the scholarship which shall be reveal after the student might have gotten admission into the Deakin University in Australia.
The award can only be taken in Australia.
Scholarships in Australia at Deakin University Eligibility
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, RTP Allowance or DUPRS a student must be a domestic or international student enrolled in an HDR course of study at Deakin University
- To be eligible for an RTP Fees Offset an applicant must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees.
- A student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 percent of that student’s RTP or DUPRS Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
Eligible countries: The Scholarships are meant for both the domestic and international students.
- Refer to the research degree entry pathways page for information on admission requirements to an HDR course at Deakin University.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Scholarships Application Procedures
Students need to apply via the online Higher Degree by Research Application Form. They will be required to attach a number of certified supporting documents, in addition to your research proposal and referee reports. The process for applications is different for each faculty/institute. Some faculties/institutes require an Expression of Interest form to be submitted prior to submitting a full application via the online Higher Degree by Research Application Form.
Note: Speaking and writing of English language is compulsory for all the international students.