Master Scholarships in Germany for Foreign Students at Goethe University. The Goethe University is openly inviting applications for Master Scholarship program, funded by the Johanna-Quandt-Foundation Frankfurt.
Goethe University is an amazing research-oriented university in the European financial metropolis Frankfurt. As a foundation university, she has a unique degree of independence, urban and cosmopolitan.
The aim of the scholarship is to foster your academic career, to enable you to become involved in existing research projects and to actively support you during your Master’s degree studies. A Master’s degree is the prerequisite for starting a Ph.D. in one of Goethe University’s seminal research units.
Master Scholarships Eligibility:
- German students can apply as well as foreign students. All applicants need to have completed at least two-thirds of their Bachelor’s degree (or another equivalent or higher degree) at a university outside of Germany and meet the other conditions mentioned on the website.
- Goethe University gives preference to candidates who are not enrolled in another German university.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue MSc and MA courses with a special emphasis on research.
Study Subject: Within the Goethe Goes Global Programme, scholarships can be awarded to the Humanities and Social Sciences, Master’s Programmes and Related Research Units.
How to Apply: The application has to be submitted via Goethe University’s MasterPortal. Open the application form for the Master program of your choice and you will be guided to the Scholarship application.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or other academic staff (signed by hand and officially sealed), stating your excellent or above-average performance (among the top 10% of graduates from your previous degree program)
- A letter of motivation outlining a study plan and demonstrating your academic ability as well as your principle research interest.
- To identify one of the research units which the Master program of your choice is related to. The respective research unit should match your research interest and be a potential workplace for you in the future (you have to select a single research unit) see: “Master Programmes” or “Research Units” for details on the research units).
- Proof of proficiency in German and/or English (depending on the language of instruction of the Master’s course)
- You can apply for up to three degree programs. However, you are only allowed to apply for one relevant research unit in connection with your scholarship application
- After you have completed the first half of the study period, you will have to submit a transcript of records proving your successful performance, in order to receive further funding (for Sinology and History after six months and for the remaining degree programs after one year)
- To be admitted to one of the selected Master program (the selection process for both the Master’s program and the scholarship takes place at the same time)
Entrance Requirements: To qualify for admission to a Master’s program at Goethe University, you must have already completed a Bachelor’s degree (or another program at an equivalent level) in a relevant field, and have passed the selection process of the respective program.
English Language Requirements: It is Compulsory.